Saturday, December 26, 2009

Ebelskivers

These were a favorite tradition at my home growing up. My mom didn't make them very often but I soooo loved them. I tried using her old pan for awhile, but alas it died. So I recently bought a new pan in Solvang. And I've made them twice this week already. My mom always put raspberry jam in them. My new favorites are lemon curd. Mmmm but the winner is nutella and bananas. Can't wait to make them again.

Danish Ebelskiver

Thanks to this website for the recipe.

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs, separated
1 3/4 cups buttermilk
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Filling of your choice

In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, granulated sugar and salt.

In a small bowl, lightly whisk together the egg yolks and buttermilk. Whisk the yolk mixture into the flour mixture until well combined; the batter will be lumpy.

In another bowl, using an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the egg whites on high speed until stiff but not dry peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the whites into the batter in two additions.

Put 1/2 of a teaspoon butter in each well of a filled-pancake pan.

No comments: