Sunday, June 19, 2011

Eggs Benedict

Oh my goodness! Did you know what is really in that hollandaise sauce? Okay then don't continue and just go to your favorite breakfast nook and order Eggs Benedict before you look at the ingredients below and have a heart attack.

It is sooooo good. And quite possible my favorite breakfast treat. The Pioneer Woman pulled through again with a tasty easy recipe that just hits the spot.

Ingredients

  • 3 whole English Muffins
  • 3 slices Canadian Bacon
  • 3 whole Eggs (plus 3 Egg Yolks)
  • 2 sticks Butter
  • 1 whole Lemon, Juiced
  • Cayenne Pepper To Taste
Toast English muffins. Heat up Canadian Bacon in a fry pan. I like to cut it up so my kids can eat it easier. Your choice.

Boil water. When it is boiling hot, take a whisk and spin it really good. Then crack your eggs into. This swirling motion helps your eggs coagulate together instead of just spreading out in the pan. Cook for a couple of minutes.

In a small saucepan, melt 2 sticks of butter. Separate three eggs and place the yolks into a blender. Turn the blender on low, then begin pouring the very hot butter in a then stream into the blender. Add lemon juice and cayenne.

Plate it ... English muffin first, then ham, poached egg on top, and LOTS of hollandaise sauce. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and indulge.

1 comment:

Dakin said...

I asked for eggs benedict once in a British hotel and the chef looked and me confused. So I told him to bring me traditional English and forget it. C'mon eggs benedict!