Thursday, November 5, 2009

Apple Pudding Cake

This could be one of my all time favorite easy desserts. Thanks to one of my dearest friends, Summer. I LOVE to make this cake for my child's birthday treat in class. I feel like the kids are getting something a bit more healthy than junk cake.

Apple Pudding Cake
2 c sugar
1/2 cup soft butter
2 egg
4 large peeled tart apples (4 cups)
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt

Cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat hard. Shred apples. Add at once to the creamed mixture. Stir in dry ingredients.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Cut in squares. Serve hot with whipped cream or butter sauce (which is oooooh so much better.)
Butter Sauce
1/2 c. butter
1 c sugar
1/2 c light cream or evaporated milk
1 1/2 t vanilla

Heat butter, sugar and milk at low heat for 10-25 minutes. Stir until blended and slightly thickened. Do not boil.

No comments: