Saturday, February 19, 2011

Kale and Cashews

Okay so I forgot to change my Organic Delivery Box that comes from Farm Fresh To You. So this week I was given two bunches of Kale. I had to cook at least one bunch. So I did tonight. This was the most eclectic dinner I think I've ever made. I just had a lot of foods that I needed to use. So I baked my 7 tiny new potatoes, baked 3 small spicy sweet potatoes, thawed out my tamales from Christmas, and sauteed Kale. None of that blends together at all. But I had to use them or lose them.

This recipe for Kale won for the night. I had three helpings and my husband had two. I just looked at about half a dozen recipes and made my own. I'll make it again b/c it's very simple.

Ingredients
1/4 -ish of toasted cashews
1 onion diced
1 bunch kale
1-2 tbs lemon juice
red pepper flakes

Toast the cashews in the pan until you can start to smell them. A little brown is okay. Remove them and set them aside.

Saute the onion for about 10 minutes. Add the kale. Chop it up good. It's easier for the kids to get down when the bites aren't that intimidating. Saute for about 10-15 min more.

Add the lemon juice and red pepper flakes and viola!

1 comment:

Christina said...

We add chicken stock and white balsamic vinegar at my house. Yummy for me and Grant, three bites for Hal.