Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Chocolate Chip Goodness

Oh yeah baby ... These are by and far my favorite treat to make. Seriously. Chocolate Chip cookies and an ice cold glass of milk. What could be better?

A cookie may taste good but to me, but it has to look even better. I'm not a flat greasy cookie girl. I like them soft and chewy. There is only one secret in this recipe to make them look so good. And here it is .... CREAM THE BUTTER AND SUGARS for as looooong as you want. I often make dinner while I'm letting them cream. A good 5-10 minutes is nice. You'll see the color change a bit.

That's the secret. Now go bake, eat and enjoy your food hang over.

½ lb. butter

1 cup brown sugar (packed)

¾ cup white sugar

2 eggs

1 Tbs. vanilla

3 cups flour

¾ tsp. salt

¾ tsp. baking soda

1 package chocolate chips

Cream butter with sugars. Add the next 5 ingredients. Mix. Fold in chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.


1 comment:

Dakin said...

I have a new trick on this one. My mom figured it out so I can't take the credit, but do 1/2 cup oil and one stick butter (instead of a half lb. of butter). Make one of the eggs just an egg yolk. It's amazing...you have to try it.