Saturday, August 16, 2008

German Pancakes


Classic German Pancakes. My kids loooove to watch them Poof in the oven. This recipe I got from Smitten Kitchen which I frequent often. However, I had NOOO white flour. (Yeah we've been chocolate chip cookieing quite a bit.) So I used whole wheat flour instead. And I was out of milk so I used buttermilk instead. (It's Friday people, I'm out of a lot of things.) Still tasted wonderful! But definitely a thicker consistency than what they should be.

German Pancakes
From a blender cookbook

4 eggs
1 T sugar
1/2 t salt
2/3 cup sifted flour
2/3 cup milk
2 T soft butter

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Butter well 2 9-inch cake pans. Put eggs in blender container, cover and process at “stir” until light yellow in color. Push “mix” button, remove cover and add remaining ingredients; process until smooth. Pour into prepared pans and bake 20 minutes; then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 10 minutes.

Slide onto hot plates. Serve with lemon slices, powdered sugar and butter if you follow recipes to the letter, raspberry syrup, maple syrup or fresh berries.

No comments: