Saturday, August 16, 2008

Quick Apple Crisp


One of my all time favorites. I use Granny Smith apples here on the west coast. But if you are anywhere near apple country in the east coast and pick up some Mccouns, eat some for me.

This was a recipe I got 6 years ago from a coworker who was starting her 2nd career as a Pampered Chef consultant. I loooved the idea of using yellow cake mix. But I have embellished the recipe, quadrupling the butter amount (of course), adding oats, and much more cinnamon.

Ingredients:

5 Granny Smith Apples
1 package of Yellow Cake mix
2 Tbs sugar
2-3 Tbs cinnamon
1 1/2 sticks of butter
2 Cups oats

ice cream and/or whip cream (homemade of course)

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix crumbly topping first.
3. Core and peel apples. Slice them thin and dump them in your lightly greased pan.
4. Cook for 25-30 minutes until you can stick a fork in the apples and have go straight through.

No comments: