Monday, January 6, 2014

A Little Bit of Everything Soup

I walked into Trader Joes recently and asked one of the produce guys … what do I want to make for dinner?  Without hesitation he said, "go ask "so-and-so" he just made us this awesome soup yesterday for just the staff.  It was SOOOO good."

So I took what he said and embellished it and he was right!

Ingredients

chicken
basil
olive oil
leeks
bell peppers
onions
parmesan
cream
pineapple

bok choy
jalapeños
chicken stock
lemon pepper
smoked sweet paprika

Those are the basic ingredients. Grill the chicken in a big soup pot until it is nice crisp.  Then take it out of the pan and put in a separate bowl.  Use that same pot with all the good chicken greece in it simmer the leeks, onions and bell peppers for about 10 minutes until nice and translucent.

Then add the cream and parmesan until nice and thick.  I used about 2 cups of cream and about 2 cups of parmesan.   Add the pineapple and chopped bok choy.  Stir in the chicken stock and however much jalapeño you can handle.  The smoked sweet paprika is what made the soup for me.  My new favorite ingredient. Found at Sur La Table.


No comments: